In the heart of the Douro region, a few miles from the historical centre of Régua, Quinta do Vallado spreads along both banks of the Corgo River, right where it meets the Douro. Quinta do Vallado, established in 1716, is one of the oldest and most famous “Quintas” in the Douro Valley. It once belonged to the legendary D. Antónia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to the family of her descendants. For almost 200 years, Quinta do Vallado main activity was the production of Port wines that were sold to the Ferreira Port House (belonging to the Ferreira family). In 1993, the farm started a deep restructuring of its vines, with the objective of both increasing the production of high quality grape varieties, and the adoption of vine plantation and training systems permitting better growth and an easier  mechanization of works.

With 44ha of vineyards aged from 15 to 20 years and having kept 26 hectares of the best old plots, more than 80-years old, Francisco Olazabal (oenologist) and Francisco Ferreira (head of agricultural management) have taken the farm to  international acclaimed levels of quality and recognition.